Monday, April 1, 2019

Akira

        I'm really glad we started watching Akira in class. I knew that it was one of the most influential anime movies to exist, and me watching it was something that was long overdue. I've heard nothing but good things about Akira; not just from the anime community, but even from my father (who is NOT an anime fan by any means) has cited it as one of his favorite childhood movies. Needless to say, it lived up to its name. I was captured completely into the world and story; it had my undivided attention from the moment it started. However, I will admit that it does suffer a bit from having too much action and not letting the audience breathe between important plot points and action sequences. Overall though, I really enjoyed it and can appreciate all the hard work and love that was put into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment