Friday, April 12, 2019

Mirai

          From what we were able to see in class, I absolutely loved it! I thought it had a very interesting story and it is set apart from other "sibling is jealous of new baby brother/sister" kinds of stories. Part of what sets it apart is its wonderful attention to detail that hits so close to home, it feels very real to us. Every little nuance in the characters brings life and familiarity to the story. The children especially act like real children, and not just what children are "supposed" to act like. The movie also could have easily focused on the children alone, but chooses instead to build up the adult characters in a relatable way too. The focus on the dynamic of the family as a whole is something that is uncommon in media nowadays, let alone making it feel as organic as it is presented here. I can't wait to get ahold of the movie and finish watching it over the summer. I'll hopefully try to convince my mom to watch it with me as I feel like she'll enjoy it, despite her not really understanding anime in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment