Friday, April 5, 2019

The Boy and the Beast

      I found this movie to be very charming. It was hard to have to stop watching it halfway through (as it usually is with most movies we watch in class.) It certainly peaked my interest, although I can't exactly pinpoint why... Maybe it was the design of the beast characters, since they were different than anime's usual character design stance of "Lets take this beast/creature/object and turn it into a cute girl!"
Jokes aside though, I really liked the direction the story was headed. I am interested to see how Mamoru Hosoda would present these characters and make the audience like them, given their generally "unlikeable" personality traits. I am eager to see the character development and how the dynamic between them develops further.

No comments:

Post a Comment